Today the BEAST unleashes here on Sweet Life Fitness. Quite honestly the Body Beast workout was something I had my eye on since it launched in July 2012. FINALLY, two years later, I’m tapping into the fun and excitement of the BEAST. Today I’m sharing my Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris Review.
After a fun and exciting P90X3 journey, I look forward to building on my fitness journey with the Body Beast Program. Don’t worry though, I’ll still be running updated P90X3 Challenge Groups for online support and fun for FREE via Facebook for years to come!
Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris Review – Why the HECK am I doing this Program?
A question I’ve already received from the awesome Sweet Life Fitness community:
Coach Bob – why the heck Body Beast? Are you looking to get HUGE!??
A perfect question honestly. The answer is NO, I’m not looking to get HUGE. This is my definition of HUGE:
That is not my goal. Here are the reasons I’m doing Body Beast:
- Build up some muscle. Not the huge muscle, but the nice solid “Good Physique” type of muscle.
- Increase my strength and muscles to help burn fat faster now and into the future.
- Use the Strength gains to get better at Balance (which in turn helps me do the other programs, and even Spartan Races, much more efficiently).
While I am following the HUGE schedule of Beast, I’m making sure my calories and weights are within reason to limit body fat gains and shenanigans at all cost. So onward to the Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris Review.
Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris Video Review
Check out the latest YouTube video on my Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris review:
Body Beast Day 1 Build Chest and Tris Review
Total Length of Build Chest & Tris: 49 minutes
Equipment: Bench or Stability Ball, Chair, and Dumbbells. For this workout I used 10s, 15s, 25s, 40s.
Workout Structure: You do Single Sets (1 move), Super Sets (2 moves), and Giant Sets (3 moves).
We first start off with the Warm-Up. Coming off of T25 and P90X3 this was a funny warm-up. Sagi barely jogs in place and everyone is pretty stocked. I can imagine running isn’t a favorite past-time of a huge body builder!
Build Chest and Tris – Chest Moves
You start off with a Dumbbell Chest Press and progress from 15 reps on a light weight to 8 reps on a heavy rep. This was a great way to start off the chest with an old school move!
You then finish off the Chest with a Super Set and Giant Set. These include the following moves:
- Incline Dumbbell Fly (Super Set) – either inclined on a stability ball or on the bench, you fly your arms out and then straight up. I didn’t need to use a heavy weight to feel this one!!
- Incline Dumbbell Press (Super Set) – also inclined, but you go back to a press bringing the weights up and down. I really need to ensure I am focused on my chest and not my shoulders (this move is a great way to work your upper chest).
- Close Grip Press (Giant Set) – I was able to go heavy on this one! You bring two dumbbells together and raise and lower them up for the 15, 12, and 8 reps. I started with 15s but ended with 40s with no problem. It’s interesting how certain moves can make you feel like Superman, and then others make you feel like Spongebob Squarepants.
- Partial Chest Fly (Giant Set) – Like the chest fly, only you only come half way up. WHOA! Talk about some shenanigans here.
- Decline Push-Ups (Giant Set) – Ahh, I remember these from the P90X series! But this time, things are different. I just did all of these chest moves with Body Beast Day 1. Now you expect DECLINE push-ups? These were a bear, and after I was done, my chest was just about SHOT. Wow! At this point I was already impressed with the Beast.
Build Chest and Tris – Moves for Triceps
For the triceps you’ll do one single set (Tricep extension) and two Super Sets (Single Arm Kickback & Tricep Extension followed by Dips on Bench & In and Outs).
The triceps definitely get burned out well, and I hope to improve on my weights. It’s only Body Beast Day 1, and I’m already feeling like my weak spots of Chest & Tris are being exposed. I think I’m going to LOVE this!
Body Beast Day 1 Nutrition & Improvement Areas
As for as my nutrition after Day 1 of Body Beast, I will have to get used to the increased calories. For Block 1, Build, I’ll be eating 2994 calories per day at 25% protein / 50% carbs / 25% fats. This is definitely a HUGE adjustment from what I am used to in the past.
But as I mentioned in a recent post on “Eating more to Lose Weight“, sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to fuel the fire!
As I mentioned in the video above, I also had some “Focus areas” with getting stuck on a certain weight through the reps. I need to drop the ego a bit, focus more on my form, and progress in my weights.
So that is it for today! I hope you enjoyed this Body Beast Day 1 update. Join me on the journey with this or any Beachbody program! Either check out the Fitness Programs that would best suit your goals, or Join Sweet Life Free!
Yours in Success,