Wait…you want to know more about ME?! Well, I am flattered! My name is Bob Sharpe, and I look forward to telling you all “About Me”.I am the leader here at Sweet Life Fitness. This website, and my work, is powered primarily from Team Beachbody (the company behind the powerhouse products like P90X and Focus T25). I’m currently a Diamond Coach with Team Beachbody, and I’m always looking to help, Coach, and Inspire new people to succeed with their goals.Whether this is the first time we have met, or you are a regular visitor to Sweet Life Fitness, I’m always available to help. I get my life fulfillment with helping others achieve their goals both physically with our programs, and financially through the Beachbody Coach Opportunity.
Some other random, personal, and fun things about me include:
- I love to have fun and love to laugh. Life is no fun if we aren’t being goofy and smiling. 🙂
- I absolutely love theme parks. It’s one of the best reasons to live in Orlando in my opinion. If I’m not helping people live “The Sweet Life”, I’m most likely at a park with the family.
- I love our community here, my family, and God. Without these things my life would be misguided and no fun!
My Personal Fitness Story – The Beginning
The year was 2007. My wife and I had the amazing opportunity to move down to Florida (right near Walt Disney World and Universal Studios!).
Life was awesome. We got our first home, and lived life to the fullest….literally. I was starting to gain weight. We had Pizza, Wings, and Beer every Friday night. I wasn’t happy with myself at all. I felt like crap even though I was living in the happiest place on earth!
On top of the weight gains, I was also experiencing heavy Acid Reflux, and even some chest pains. The breaking point was in May of 2008 when I had to call “911”. I was home alone, and started feeling like I was going to have a heart attack. I still have the EKG from that night in my home office to remind me never to return to this point in my life again.
It turns out it wasn’t a heart attack, but a panic attack (the emergency personnel told me to exercise and watch my food choices). This meant it was time to change!
Even worse, I lost my Father to Colon Cancer when I was only 10 years old. He died way too young. I wanted to have a family and I couldn’t bare to not make the best decisions I possibly could to live a healthy and fulfilling live.
Two Years of Struggle, then Discovering P90X
I struggled from 2008-2010 finding opportunities to lose weight. From cheap at-home DVDs, to going to the gym, to
just “dieting”. Nothing really worked well. Everything was causing weight fluctuations. A month or two of slight weight loss followed by re-gaining of the weight.
My friend introduced me to “P90X” in 2010 (ironically at an ice cream shoppe). I looked online, saw the YouTube video transformations, and decided to try it. I was a bit scared, mainly because it seemed like it was intense, and there were a few things that I should let you know about (that led me to being so scared):
- I never truly worked out: Throughout high school, I was a band geek. I never spent time in the gym. I never worked out. I never had muscles. Same goes with college. I ate and drank, not really caring about my physical appearance.
- I could not do push-ups or pull-ups: This goes back to my first point, I never worked out. In gym, I got the big fat “0” every time we did the physical fitness exams for pull-ups and push-ups. This program made you do them, I was scared.
- I never stuck with a workout program: I would try the “latest fad” and get UN-motivated and fail miserably. Nothing worked. Why would P90X be any different?
- I want to get abs and be ripped, but FIRST, I just want to lose weight: The goal with P90X wasn’t to look like the next best athlete. I just wanted to lose all of this fat around my “man boobs” and my stomach. It was embarrassing. I love the beach, but I hate taking my shirt off!
I popped in the first P90X DVD. It was P90X Cardio. I was instantly hooked. Here is why I was hooked:
- Tony was hilarious! The Trainer for P90X is Tony Horton. I absolutely loved his light spirit and funny jokes he cracked throughout the workout. It make it more enjoyable for someone who was in fear and hated working out.
- Everyday wasn’t the Same: Remember – I never worked out before. I had no freaking clue what to do. The DVDs in the past were boring because they repeated more than one day per week. P90X was different. There was a calendar that you follow along. I was able to do that, and was able to look forward to a different workout each day.
My results after P90X
After my 90 days of P90X, I achieved what I wanted. I lost a total of 70 pounds, and also reduced my Acid Reflux problem thanks to the Nutritional Shake called “Shakeology“, that goes hand in hand with most fitness programs.
Here are my before and after photos with P90X in 2010:
The Birth of Sweet Life Fitness and Team Beachbody Coaching
This could also be called the “Birth of my Fitness Lifestyle”. I finally found a way to make fitness fun! I’ve lost and kept off those 70 pounds to date, and now help inspire other people to do the same exact thing.
So what caused my life to turn for the better? I got introduced to Team Beachbody Coaching. This is a network marketing approach to business, and it is all about People helping People. I love the ability to share my struggles and build a team of successful leaders here at Sweet Life Fitness.
The motivation of the COMMUNITY is the first important piece, and the motivation of Financial Gain is also inspiring. Here is what Team Beachbody Coaching can do for you, as it has done for me:
- Gives you access to Community: There is a community of great leaders that are here to support you in your financial and physical journey. We hang out in Las Vegas in June each year, and go on fantastic vacations, like our upcoming Cruise in March of 2014.
- Keeps you Motivated to Stay Fit: I don’t know if I would still be fit or not if I wouldn’t have signed up as a Beachbody Coach. I don’t want to think about the “what ifs”, so I’ll just say it is a cornerstone to my healthier lifestyle. I get PAID to help others get and stay fit. What do I do with that money? Two things: 1. I use it to pay off debt, and will eventually make this a full time career and 2. I pay it forward by giving to charities and our sponsored child across seas. I believe in helping through our Savior’s purpose of giving to those in need. Beachbody gives me leveraged income to do this consistently. So use this as a tool to stay fit, get discounts on new programs (25% off), and enjoy life to the fullest without ever going back to that “Fat” life again. Most people become a Coach before they lose all the weight. That way they can connect to the community and have the ever-growing motivation to get fit.
Get Started and Let me Help: To get started with your fitness transformation with my favorite and recommended systems, Click Here.
Already Have your Program? Let me Help for FREE: See what our free community is all about when you Join Sweet Life Fitness Free!
Get Paid to Get Fit and Also Inspire Others: If you are interested in joining the Team Sweet Life as a Beachbody Coach, Click Here.
For more information on what Sweet Life Fitness is all about, Click Here.
I look forward to helping you succeed to your Sweet Life of Fitness!
Coach Bob Sharpe