When it comes down to Clean Eating snacks, it can be super tough. Have you ever experienced a time, like I have many times, where you don’t have time for breakfast and rush off to work, and then dive into those pastries and donuts that your co-workers tempt you with. Am I right or am I right?
But there is a great way to snack smarter! While clean eating can be a challenge, having a stash of solid snacks can help you get the results you deserve with your fitness program.
Today I’m excited to share with you some clean eating snacks that I have personally used. Not only that, after a lot of research I have found that they are widely accepted and praised by the clean eating community as well. So snack smart, my friends!
Clean Eating Snacks – The List for Success!
As your Team Beachbody Coach, it is my goal to help you get the results you deserve! In order to deserve those incredible results you are after, nutrition makes up for around 80% of that puzzle. I know it stinks, but it’s true. You can’t drive a Lamborghini car on Unleaded fuel! As long as you track your nutrition properly, you’ll be set for success!
- Apple (or Apple Slices) – This is one of the better snacks I munch on in the afternoon. With a good set of carbs and natural sugar (the good stuff in other words), Apples can help you feel full and peak energy levels up a bit.
- Almonds – I have really found a love for Almonds as I continue to eat them. Please look for ones that are not cooked in oils or salted. If you can’t live without some type of salt flavor, check out the ones that are in sea salt to help you out.
- Peanuts/Cashews – Like Almonds, peanuts and cashews can also provide a great source of healthy fat and meet the expectations of Clean Eating snacks! Just keep an eye on ingredients and avoid ones soaked in hydrogenated oil or sunflower oils.
- Medium Banana – A banana, like most fruits, are great. I would suggest keeping an eye on your daily carbs, as a banana can carry around 30g of carbs in one serving. Be sure you track on MyFitnessPal or something similar to meet your desired macro nutrients with your fitness program.
- Blueberries – OK everyone, I seriously have a blueberry problem. I eat too many of them!!! When they are in season we often go to a local blueberry farm and pick them fresh. Blueberries are good for many reasons, including overall health, digestive health, and even good cancer preventions!
- Protein Shake – I have so far shared a lot of different carb & fat sources, but what about protein? Obviously grilled chicken and other sources of protein are great, but they are meant for meals. When it comes down to a good snack, a protein shake can be a good choice and works clean (IF you get the right kind). Look for the natural proteins that don’t have excess fillers or nasty sugars.
[Looking for other Great Protein Sources? Check out the Good Sources of Protein post for tips!]
- Low Fat String Cheese – A great source of protein with some healthy fat thrown in. I suggest getting the low fat and the light versions to ensure you get the best without getting the unnecessary fat.
- Veggies – I left this one off towards the end because I personally am not a fan, and let’s face it: veggies aren’t the favorite of most. Plus, if I would rave too much, I’m sure some of you would be like “well duh we all know that is healthy” LOL. But yes, carrots, brocolli, even mushrooms – go nuts on these clean eating snacks.
- Shakeology – While I use Shakeology for my lunch (see my power Shake: P90X Shakeology), this can be a superb snack alone. You can learn more about Shakeology here
What other great Clean Eating snacks do you use? Comment below and let us know!
Apple photo above courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net