You’ve started your fitness journey and you are thinking to yourself: “OK – I’ve been cracking at this new fitness thing for X amount of time, and my results are just NOT coming fast enough”. Well YOU my friend are at the right page. Today we are talking about if your results are too slow.
The Team Sweet Life Fitness community tends to go ALL IN when it comes to getting the best results possible. But you can bet that there are times when we question why are results are too slow based on how we PERCEIVE our progress should be going. Use this page to get back on track or re-energize yourself when you ever doubt the speed of your results.
My Results are TOO Slow, What Should I Do?
The very first thing we need to discuss is throwing out the excuses and truly thinking of this for yourself. Remember, this is YOUR ideal/dream results we are talking about. Don’t start throwing out excuses during this time. Think about each one of these questions and develop a strategy to improve on any one that may be lacking.
It’s time to get serious:
- Did you Workout 5-6 Days Per Week? Based on your fitness program, did you do all of the days of the workout? Was there a “special day” where something made you skip a workout? Were you super busy and couldn’t do the 30 minute workout but you only fit in 10 minutes or 20 minutes of the workout?
- Did you follow the workouts or modify to make it easier? Please note that I said “to make EASIER”. If the only reason you are modifying is because the full move is challenging, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. If you need to modify that is OK, but don’t use modifying as an easy way out. Once a particular workout move gets easy, ramp up the intensity to keep the results coming!
- Are you being SERIOUS with Nutrition? This the tough one. The Diamond in the Rough so to speak. Are you following your nutrition plan that came with the program to the point, or having a cheat meal here and there? Those who get the BEST results follow nutrition precisely, and then have a cheat meal once they got the results they want. See the Nutrition World for your specific nutrition guide and more tips to succeed in this category.
- Are you Drinking Enough Water? Water helps aid in weight loss, and also helps boost performance during your workout. Drink your needed ounces throughout the entire day, every day. For more info, see: Does Drinking Water Help you Lose Weight?
- Are you Getting Enough Sleep? 7-8 hours of sleep per night is important. Lack of sleep means your body doesn’t burn as much body fat and muscle recovery slows down. For a few tricks on getting better quality sleep, check out: Better Sleep with P90X and More.
Besides those important tips, don’t compare yourself to other people. I have this problem from time to time where I see other’s rocking and rolling, and I FAIL to look at the above bullet points. It’s like this guy. He is all great and looks like he is succeeding in his fitness journey, but I can bet he is NAILING the top 5 bullet points!
The key that I found when you think results are too slow is take a step back. Breathe. And have a SERIOUS gut check with yourself. If one of those five bullet points above were shaky, then make that a focus point starting now!
If you found value out of this post, SHARE IT with others who you think would find benefit!
Also, be sure to join our Free Team community for Sweet Life Fitness to help fuel you to the results you deserve with your fitness program:
Yours in Great Results,