Many times people who start P90X end up either ignoring the nutrition guide or avoiding it because of the “WTF” complexity of the guide. Below you’ll find the easy to use P90X Nutrition Plan calculator and tips to get the BEST results that you deserve with the program.
The Simple P90X Nutrition Plan Calculator
Why do I have this calculator here? Because I love you guys! Also, it’s because I want to help you get the RESULTS you Deserve (that is what Team Sweet Life Fitness is ALL about!). This P90X Nutrition Plan Calculator can help fill the void when it comes to figuring out how to lose the most body fat.
The number that shows up in the “YOUR ENERGY AMOUNT” column is what you need for this below chart. The key is to find which level you have, and round down to the bottom of the level to create a slight calorie deficit.
NEXT, now that you know your Nutrition Calorie Level, it’s time to determine the nutritional proportion phase that fits your goal.
Take your results to the NEXT level, JOIN US for Free and Let me Help Coach you through P90X. Click here to join Sweet Life free on Team Beachbody.
P90X Nutrition Plan Calculator – The Nutritional Proportions
There are three major nutritional phases to the P90X Nutrition Plan calculator. Know that this does NOT mean you would have to do each Phase of the Nutrition Plan along with each phase of the P90X Schedule. You can stay in these nutritional phases longer than 30 days based on your goals and progression as explained below:
- Phase 1 – Fat Shredder: This is the primary phase for shedding excess body fat while building some muscle. Stay on this phase long enough to experience the benefits; HOWEVER, if you feel like you are lacking energy during the workout, go to Phase 2. In order for body fat to burn off, you have to gain enough energy to push yourself to the max every day (In otherwords, “BRING IT”).
- Phase 2 – Energy Booster: This phase is the long-term sustainable plan that can help continue to burn fat while building lean muscle as you grow with the program. During maintenance periods and in most other fitness programs, this is my “go-to” phase recommendation.
- Phase 3 – Endurance Maximizer: This nutrition proportion must be earned! This is something you get to do once you are ready to take your fitness to the whole next level (and a great partner to the P90X Doubles schedule or Mass schedule).
Below is the chart explaining the macronutrients for each phase. Check the info below the chart for a SUPER Simple way to track all of this (call it the “secrets of the ripped” if you will).
The Next Step for P90X Nutrition Plan Calculator Success
Now that you know your Calories and your Phase Macronutrients to eat each day, what is the next step? Here are a few sources that you can start with:
FIRST: Get a MyFitnessPal.com account and TRACK Daily. I know…sounds sickening, but trust me it works more than you can imagine. See How to Use MyFitnessPal for my walk-through on how to set this up with P90X.
SECOND: Determine your grocery list. I always like to plan ahead to save me from sudden emergencies. You can also check out some great resources such as:
- Good Sources of Protein (especially helpful on the Phase 1 Fat shredder diet).
- Good Carbs vs Bad Carbs
- My Grocery List (I used this for P90X3, but it works for any of the X programs).
The most important thing is to follow these things consistently and BRING IT daily in your workouts. The combination of both the good P90X Nutrition Plan Calculator and the Workouts will help you get closer to the results you deserve.
Yours in Success,
P.S. – Love P90X? Why not get paid? I am looking for Leaders who want to work with me in the world of P90X. Click Here if that sounds like you.